by Mary Lynn Watson, Craft House International
|You will need:
- Packet unflavored Gelatin
- 3/4 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup clear liquid soap or bubble bath
- Fragrance oils
- Food Coloring (optional)
- Plastic jar with lid (e.g. peanut butter jar)
- Small plastic bath toy
- Mixing Bowl
- Assorted items to make label
- Empty the packet of gelatin into a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- With the help of an adult, warm water until it begins to boil. Immediately remove water from heat source. Carefully pour the hot water into mixing bowl and gently mix with gelatin powder. Allow gelatin to completely dissolve. Be patient! This may take a few minutes.
- S-l-o w-l-y and gently stir in the liquid soap to the gelatin mixture. Add a drop of food coloring and 5-8 drops of fragrance oil. (Be careful not to beat mixture, bath jelly will become foamy if you do.)
- Pour your potion into a clean, clear container. Place a small toy inside jar as a treat!
- Refrigerate Bubble Jelly until set (about 4 hours). As the jelly sets, come up with a name for your creation! Then using scraps of stiff paper and ribbon, make a fun label for the jar. Attach label to bath jelly jar by punching a hole in one corner of the label. Thread ribbon, cut long enough to tie around the jar, through hole on label. Tie around the jar!
- To use, scoop a small amount of jelly into your hand and hold under warm running water for a bubbly bath-time treat!
Click To Submit Press Releases, News, Calendar Items, and Community Events to mediaBrew radio stations WFXD, WKQS, WRUP, GTO, Fox Sport Marquette, and The Gift 106